The Hearts card game rules in a nutshell
The Hearts card game rules are not particularly difficult to grasp, yet you will definitely need at least a basic preparation before initiating an online game against actual opponents. More or less, this is a competitive type of game where everyone plays against everyone else. So, you better leave your inner team player behind and prepare to act in accordance with the mostly individualistic play Hearts card game rules.
The Hearts card game rules – the basics
There are a few very basic things you need to know about the Hearts card game rules, in case you have never played the game before. They go as following:
- The game is played with a standard 52-card set - every player gets 13 cards at the beginning;
- The game consists of overall four players – you and three others;
- Your goal will be to have the lowest score among the other players, once the tricks are finished;
- By the Hearts card game rules, two is the lowest-scoring card, while Ace – the highest;
- The game consists of four rounds. During the first three of them, the Hearts card game rules require you to pass three cards to a different opponent;
- The opening card of the game is always the Two of Clubs, so who has it is obliged to play it, and others should try to follow the suit.
- Here is where the actual fun begins.
Intrigued yet? Because this is just the tip of the iceberg, called Hearts card game rules.
Learning more about the Hearts card game rules
The Hearts card game rules also include Breaking hearts, learning about “The New Moon” challenge, dealing with penalty cards, and coming up with your own strategy. Ready to play? Keep exploring play-hearts.com to do it like a pro!